Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sanctum, Plus Snicker

If you haven't noticed, I'm working to make up for my long silence by posting a lot of stuff while it is still technically October because this site records entry dates from American time. Anyways, this last one for a time collects two things that didn't fit well with the others and would have made them overly long anyways.

Here's the best part of my room, taken at a head-tilted-left angle for a dash of excitement that might cause a few of you to actually read this superficial post. My messy desk and four-stringed friend, named "Solomon" as an ironic comment on its rock-bottom purchase price, take center stage. Unlike my last apartment, I didn't go through the motions of cleaning any accumulated clutter for your viewing ease this time, so if you feel moved to do so please pray for my future wife (Lord willing, in His timing) and her willingness to give somewhat sloppy me extra grace here.

The other thing is a literally translated sign that made me smile when I saw it in the Daiso store I mentioned last time. Plain forms of verbs in Japanese don't sound like commands at all and can even be a natural sentence in casual conversation, but the effect in English...well, judge for yourself.

No comments: